Connect with us

Stock Market

Kanye West’s Twitter and Instagram accounts have been restricted after alleged anti-Semitic posts by Reuters

Avatar

Published

on


© Reuters.

By Kanishka Singh

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – Kanye West’s Twitter and Instagram accounts were restricted over the weekend, as social media platforms said they had deleted the rapper’s posts after netizens condemned them as anti-Semitic.

He was first banned from Instagram by Facebook (NASDAQ :), parent company Meta Platforms Inc, on Friday, after which he took to Twitter, where he tweeted on Saturday for the first time in two years.

West’s first Twitter post since 2020 was a blurry photo of rapper and Meta Platforms founder Mark Zuckerberg singing karaoke. The tweet read, “Look at this Mark how it went Kick me off Instagram.”

Advertisement

West then tweeted, “You manipulated me and tried to get rid of anyone who went against your agenda.” This post, in which he said he was not anti-Semitic, was removed by Twitter for violating its policies. A Twitter spokesperson confirmed on Sunday that his account was also closed.

Step by Step Twitter Inc (NYSE:) The rapper’s account lockout was noteworthy because billionaire Elon Musk, who said he’d buy Twitter and call himself the absolute freedom of speech, welcomed West back to the platform and replied to a rapper’s tweet post: “Hello back to Twitter, my friend!”

West has also previously made erratic online posts. Earlier this year, he was suspended on Instagram for 24 hours after he made racist slurs against comedian Trevor Noah.

Before he took to Twitter early Saturday, West’s account, who legally changed his name to Ye, was suspended after it has since been removed and invoked anti-Semitic lyrics, musicianly accused of being controlled by “Jews.” People.”

On Saturday, the company said that temporary restrictions on posting, commenting and messaging have been imposed on West’s Instagram account.

Advertisement

Source link

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Stock Market

Ben & Jerry’s does not have authority to sue over sale of Israeli ice cream By Reuters

Avatar

Published

on


© Reuters. FILE PHOTO: Ben & Jerry’s, a brand of Unilever, is displayed in a store in Manhattan, New York City, US, March 24, 2022. REUTERS/Andrew Kelly

Written by Jessica DiNapoli and Jonathan Stempel

NEW YORK (Reuters) – Unilever (NYSE: plc) has asked a U.S. judge to dismiss a Ben & Jerry’s lawsuit over the sale of the Israeli ice cream maker, saying the subsidiary’s “insistence on taking sides” in the conflict Palestinian Israeli gives its board of directors no authority to stop or even sue the sale.

In a statement Friday afternoon in Manhattan federal court, Unilever said the Ben & Jerry’s board “is no ordinary board.”

In the filings, she said the board has some responsibility to maintain its “social mission” and protect the brand under a shareholder agreement from 2000, when Unilever’s bought Ben & Jerry’s. But Unilever said the board could not sue.

Advertisement

Unilever also said that the board’s “recent insistence on taking sides in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict has created an intolerable situation” for both sides.

Ben & Jerry’s could not immediately be reached for comment.

The maker of Cherry Garcia and Chubby Hubby ice creams sued Unilever in July to prevent the sale of its businesses in Israel and the occupied West Bank to local licensee Avi Zenger.

Ben & Jerry’s products have been on sale in Israel for more than three decades, but the company said last year that West Bank sales were not in line with its values.

In August, a judge denied Ben & Jerry’s bid to stop those sales outright.

Advertisement

Last month, Ben & Jerry’s board of directors gave up selling Zinger ice cream, saying its products were “not to be confused with products” made by Ben & Jerry’s.

“Selling products bearing the Ben & Jerry’s insignia in the Occupied Palestinian Territories is contrary to our values,” the council said.

In its motion to dismiss the lawsuit, Unilever also said that Ben & Jerry’s had waited too long to claim that its trademark rights were “taken away” more than 20 years ago, and that the accusations behind the claim are a public matter.

(This story has been reworded to fix a typo in paragraph 1)

Source link

Advertisement

Continue Reading

Stock Market

Twitter users are running Musk Over Kanye West

Avatar

Published

on

Even Elon Musk has his limits.

Musk, Tesla (TSLA) – Get a free report The CEO, Twitter’s latest owner and self-described free-spirited free-lancer, has confirmed the microblogging site to be “an actual town square” ever since he walked through the front door with sink in hand.

“It’s mad!” The richest man in the world chirp On November 25 “I’m just fighting for free speech in America.”

Advertisement

In his quest, Musk recently Welcome back Donald Trump, ending a 22-month ban on the former Republican president.



Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Stock Market

Renault and Nissan drop December 7 announcement of new deal – JNN via Reuters

Avatar

Published

on


© Reuters. FILE PHOTO: The logos of auto manufacturers Nissan and Renault are pictured at the Kyiv dealership in Ukraine on June 25, 2020. REUTERS/Valentin Ogiryenko/File Photo

TOKYO (Reuters) – Automakers Renault Japanese television network JNN reported Friday that Nissan (EPA:) and Nissan (OTC:) will drop a December 7 announcement of a new deal for their restructured alliance as they struggle to bridge their differences.

Both sides are engaged in discussions to restructure their alliance. Renault is looking to Nissan to invest in its electric vehicle business, while Nissan is seeking to sell part of Renault’s 43% stake in Nissan to put the two partners on an equal footing.

JNN said the two parties decided to forgo the Dec. 7 announcement because they had not reached an agreement as of Friday on how to share the intellectual property.

She added that there are no new plans for when to make an announcement. It is not clear from the report whether JNN cites a single source or multiple sources.

Advertisement

Neither Renault nor Nissan immediately responded to a request for comment.

Reuters reported earlier that both parties had set December 7 as a possible date for announcing the new alliance structure.

The question of how technology and intellectual property will be shared has proven to be a sticking point in the talks.

Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending